Arch swelling?

Discussion about Plantar Fasciitis.

Arch swelling?

Postby mo11inf on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:17 am

My right foot has PF but my heel pain has almost been releived. My arch stays swollen and painful and is the only reason that I have a difficult time walking. Does anyone else have this? Also, I have been to a podiatrist who put me in a hard plastic orthotic, which aggrevates my arch. He wants to do the fasciotomy. But I have also been to a orthopedic surgeon who does not ever want to do surgery, and just placed me in a immobile boot. The boot has releived my heel pain but my arch stays swollen and tender.
mo11inf

Re: Arch swelling?

Postby nursenpain on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Perhaps the orthotic needs adjusting or changed, my custom orthotics caused me to have nerve involvement with my PF and now have an additional condition called Tarsal Tunnel syndrome (similar to carpal tunnel but in the ankles). I would discuss this discomfort with your dr soon because it is possible to make things worse. Your cure shouldn't cause more problems. I wish I had sought treatment earlier when I began to notice the changes after getting my orthotics. But, I like a lot of people, thought I was being treated appropriately and everyone says it take 6-18 months to go away. Hence my delay in getting treatment... I too wore a boot for several weeks and the pain got better for a while. But eventually I had to stop wearing the boot because I was having knee and hip pain due to the limp it caused. Then the heel and arch pain came back. Sincerely, Good luck to you!
nursenpain

Re: Arch swelling?

Postby Kaelyn on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:41 pm

If your arch is in pain, your orthotics aren't right. One size does not fit all. And once you get them, and your stride changes, sometimes you have to change orthotics. It's really better just to fix the PF, NOT with surgery if you can possibly avoid it.

The massage treatment I use is not based in swedish massage, it's based on 24 years of clinical experience. It consists of deep tissue, trigger point & fascial release, combined with neuro-muscular re-education. The success rate is over 80% with just 4 treatments of 1/2 hour per affected foot. The success rate for 6 treatments is over 90%. By success, I mean a reduction of 75% or more in symptoms. Over 90% of my clients are pain free after 4-6 treatments.

I personally suffered with agonizing pain from plantar fsaciitis, so I KNOW what you're going through. It's now been more than 6 years since I've had any pain at all. All I did was massage and orthotics. This worked for me, it's worked for thousands of my clients, and I know it will work for you too! I'm in NC, if you can't see me, go to my website, http://www.kaywarren.org, read up on plantar fasciitis, and masage therapy. Then fill out the contact page, and tell me you want me to e-mail you "Healing Plantar Fasciitis Without Surgery". The file is free, but this is a BIG file, 15 mb, with pictures and detailed info on anatomy, causes, and healing. There are detailed, step-by-step instructions. This affects more than 2 million people a year. There are far too many people spending way too much money and getting very little in the way of results.

It's time to GET YOUR LIFE BACK!!!

Kaelyn
Kaelyn

Return to Plantar Fasciitis Talk