Not just pf. also suffer from pain on top of foot.

Discussion about Plantar Fasciitis.

Not just pf. also suffer from pain on top of foot.

Postby rocknrollman23 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:43 pm

I have pf but recently I started getting pain on the top of my foot. I'm wondering if their is someone else with the same problem.
rocknrollman23

Re: Not just pf. also suffer from pain on top of foot.

Postby bobt on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:55 pm

I have pain on the top of my foot my heel and well pretty much my whole foot. The docs said it was pf.. I feel your pain=0
bobt

Postby rocknrollman23 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:26 pm

I Went to the doc yesterday, got my custom made orthotics, and I wore them all day at work. Time will tell if they work. First day and they weren't very comfortable, but I figure my foot has to adjust to them.
rocknrollman23

Postby rocknrollman23 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Well I have worn my new orthotics for 4 days, and my feet have adjusted to them but my foot still hurts. I can't believe how frustrating this condition is especially when your family or other people do not understand what it is your going through. They want to go here and there and expect me to be happy with walking around and partaking in regular activity and I just want to stay off my feet. It's hard to focus on other things when my Day is consumed by foot pain from the moment I wake up, It's in my head all day. You know it's not like I can't do anything cause I can if I really push the pain aside and block it out, I mean I work 6 days a week sometimes 7 and I have to be on my feet alot and I know that does not help but I have to work. Now in the meantime my foot is hurting alot on top and I was getting sharp pains last night. I was also getting some anxiety with it and it's really depressing, knowing that you can't do much about it. Well I'll keep up the fight and maybe someone out there can come up with a solution to the problem.
rocknrollman23

Postby hockeymom on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Check out Extensor tendonitis for the top of foot pain. No reason why the 2 can't co-exist. The PF can take a very long time to heal. Mine took 8 months with lingering "ghost pain" over the next few years (nothing serious, just "reminders"). I don't know your age: I was 48 and a hard core runner. Try freezing a soda bottle of water and roll your foot over it when you are eating or relaxing.Stretch your calves/Achilles tendon and never wear flip flops of flat shoes. Keep the heel elevated from the moment you get out of bed.Try not to stand on hard floors and, above all, be patient because PF is a TIME thing. If you are an exerciser, I highly reccomend deep water running and weight training. Try not to be depressed.It is a very, very nasty condition, but it can heal. Also, the pain does tend to move around, so don't feak out if one moment, it is in the arch etc. You are in good company BTW. Almost everyone I know has had this, sometims, cause by wearing flip flops!
hockeymom

Postby rocknrollman23 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Well I'm back, thanx for the uplifting hockeymom. I just wanted to give a report on my new orthotics that I have been wearing for almost two weeks now.
Wow! Major difference! The pain is about a 4 compared to a 8 or 9, and I'm not as frustrated or depressed as I was on my last post. Yes their is still pain but at least it's bearable. My foot doesn't freeze up as much after sitting for awhile and I don't limp as bad. I Hope things will only get better from here on out but yeah still hurtin a bit. I'll keep you posted and I hope this info helps someone. I have to say that although they cost too much, I have to give these orthotics a thumbs up. Oh, by the way I have tried store bought inserts and they did not work as well or at all.
rocknrollman23

Postby denise on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:10 pm

SO I WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE WITH THIS PAIN ALL THROUGH YOUR FOOT, RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY DOCTOR THAT I HAVE PF IN BOTH FEET, EX-RAYS WERE TAKEN AND RESULTS WERE THAT BESIDES THE PF I HAVE SPURS AND ARTHRITIS, I WOULD BELIEVE WITH MY CONDITION THAT COULD BE WHY I HAVE SEVERE PAIN ALL THROUGH MY FEET. :?: IT IS VERY HARD TO KEEP ON WORKING WITH THIS CONDITION!!!!! i cant afford to quit my job but i am so ready to give up!!!!!
denise

Return to Plantar Fasciitis Talk