Feels like there are ROCKS in my heels!

Discussion about Heel Spurs.

Feels like there are ROCKS in my heels!

Postby candicandace on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Hey Ya'll,

I feel like I have little rocks or pebbles in my heels! Is this a heel spur? I read everywhere that heel spurs can sometimes not be painful... but mine sure do hurt! What is the best way to get rid of these little suckers, I have tried to stay off of my feet but its hard! The worst is when I am in my kitchen on the tile floors, the pain just throbs through my heels, I have had to start wearing my walking shoes ALL the time in the house, right up until I go to bed and I put them on first thing in the morning.

PLEASE help! I hate how my walking shoes look with my cute little outfits, does anyone have any suggestions?

Much love! Candi :D
candicandace

Re: Feels like there are ROCKS in my heels!

Postby javamama123 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:44 am

Hey Candi!~

Love right back to you! So I did some research on heel spurs on behalf of you and myself since I have the same problem!

Here is what I found out:

Bone spurs (ours just happen to be in our heels) are not painful themselves, but since they protrude off the end of a bone or joint, can rub against near by nerves or soft tissues or even bones, which is what causes the pain. (answer for question numero uno)

From the Mayo Clinic: Plantar fasciitis. A bone spur, sometimes called a heel spur, can form where the connective tissue (fascia) connects to your heel bone (calcaneus). The spur results from chronic irritation or inflammation of the connective tissue.

So I hope my research helped you, I think that the only way to get rid of a heel spur, if it really is that painful, is surgery, which I do not want to do... Candi, help! What are we to do, I figured out what we have... but how do we fix it?

Besos,

JavaMama
javamama123

Postby Kaelyn on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Ok, surgery is NOT the only way to get rid of Plantar Fasciitis. Now, there is another possible cause for feeling little rocks in your heels. Attached to the bottom of your big toes are two tiny little bones called the sesamoids. It is possible (but rare) for these to break off, and float around in your foot. Plantar fasciitis is much more likely. So, do you stand on contrete for long periods of time? Are you 30+, have you ever had a rollover sprain on that ankle? More than 1? When is the pain the worst? When you first get up? How does it feel when you stand up after sitting down for 10-15 minutes? Have you tried orthotics? Did you do Physical Therapy?

I've been doing medical and orthopedic massage for 24 years, I worked for an orthopedic surgeon for 5 years. We didn't do surgery, because our patients didn't need it. Why? We used massage therapy to break adhesions and regain proper ankle movement, then re-trained the calf muscles to their proper length. All in 4-6 visits per affected foot. This is less time than you would be off your feet after surgery.

The massage treatment I use is not based in swedish massage, it's based on 24 years of clinical experience. It consists of deep tissue, trigger point & fascial release, combined with neuro-muscular re-education. The success rate is over 80% with just 4 treatments of 1/2 hour per affected foot. The success rate for 6 treatments is over 90%. By success, I mean a reduction of 75% or more in symptoms. Over 90% of my clients are pain free after 4-6 treatments.

I personally suffered with agonizing pain from plantar fsaciitis, so I KNOW what you're going through. It's now been more than 6 years since I've had any pain at all. All I did was massage and orthotics. This worked for me, it's worked for thousands of my clients, and I know it will work for you too! I'm in NC, if you can't see me, go to my website, http://www.kaywarren.org, read up on plantar fasciitis, and masage therapy. Then fill out the contact page, and tell me you want me to e-mail you "Healing Plantar Fasciitis Without Surgery". The file is free, but this is a BIG file, (15 mb, your e-mail may refuse to take it) with pictures and detailed info on anatomy, causes, and healing. There are detailed, step-by-step instructions with diagrams. This affects more than 2 million people a year. There are far too many people spending way too much money and getting very little in the way of results.

It's time to GET YOUR LIFE BACK!!!

Kaelyn
Kaelyn

Postby ScottR on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Candace, I don't work at crocs but have bought me these crocs and they feel unreal and
I can finally walk around with alot less pain and yes, I have heel spurs and arch pain and ball of
foot pain all due to plantar fasciitis, buy these and you can actually walk around during the
day without being in a ton of pain
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-2157-4-rx-medi ... ries=3,126
ScottR

Return to Heel Spurs Talk